1. Welcome to LoneStarStangs, the #1 forum for Ford Mustang enthusiasts in Texas.
    If you haven't joined yet we invite you to sign up and join our community.
    Registration is free! Hope to see you on our forums!

For Sale: 96-97 OEM Cobra 17" x 8" Rims

Discussion in 'Parts FOR SALE/WANTED' started by Aerocoupe, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Aerocoupe

Aerocoupe UT Sucks

I am selling all four of the 96-97 Cobra wheels off my 93 Coupe. These are the ones with the darker inserts and are 17" x 8" with +30mm offset and a 5.72" backspacing. These will work with any 5 lug swap on the Fox cars due to the larger area behind the center cap allowing room for the Mark VII rotors. I had them on my car when I originally swapped to five lug with the Mark VII rotors and the Ranger/Aerostar axles in the rear. The car then went to SN95 brakes with the 99+ PBR front calipers and most recently the full Cobra upgrade. I am moving up to 18" wheels and just cannot see a reason to keep these around as they will just collect dust and then my OCD will kick in an I will want to clean them. I think a reasonable price is $750.00 for the set as the tires alone were over $700 mounted and balanced at Discount. What you are getting is (4) OEM rims, (4) OEM center caps, and (4) brand new (less than 1,000 miles) 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires. Here are some pictures I took this evening and pardon the dust on the car as the weather had been too crappy on my days off to wash it.

Body Shot:
    [​IMG]

Rear Wheel:
    [​IMG]

Rear Wheel Clearance:
    [​IMG]

Front Wheel:
    [​IMG]

Front Wheel Clearance:
    [​IMG]

The car has a Maximum Motorsports k-member, front control arms, and the 96+ spindles on it with an disc to disc SN95 rear end and there are no spacers. I will get the rims cleaned up this weekend and post some pictures of them separately.

Darren
  2. Aerocoupe

Aerocoupe UT Sucks

Just finished cleaning them up. I did not put any tire shine on the tires as it makes them messy to store and I figured a person could see exactly what they are getting this way.

Here is a top shot of all four wheels so you can see the tread on the tires:

[​IMG]

Back side of the wheels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front side of the wheels:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the front and back of the center caps which show they are OEM Ford:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the center of one of the wheels so you can see they are OEM Ford castings:

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested just let me know. Not in a rush to sell but would like to get them out of my garage at some point.

Thanks,

Darren
  3. Waters77

Waters77 New Member

I no this post is old but I've been looking for these type of wheels to go on my 92' lx that I'm doing a 5 lug conversion on?
  4. Waters77

Waters77 New Member

Do u still have?
  5. Aerocoupe

Aerocoupe UT Sucks

Yup but they are going on my F100 Coyote project. I live up in Tulsa, OK now so I highly doubt the shipping would have been worth it anyhow.
  6. Waters77

Waters77 New Member

I live in Tenn anyways & those types of wheels are impossible to find.