1. Welcome to LoneStarStangs, the #1 forum for Ford Mustang enthusiasts in Texas.
    If you haven't joined yet we invite you to sign up and join our community.
    Registration is free! Hope to see you on our forums!

Best turbo kits for 89'?

Discussion in 'General Mustang Tech' started by saltbranch, Feb 8, 2017.

1. saltbranch

saltbranch New Member

So at this point I am turbo,computer and FI ignorant. I am 48 and an old school carb guy that has not raced in a decade or better.. That said I need to fast track my learning curve as my 19 yr old and I went in on a father son project. Its an 89 GT with 351 bored 30, aluminum heads, 42 lb injectors etc. I have it a tuners shop right now to get it running right as it was a project i bought from a guy getting a divorce. All that said, my son is trying to talk me into a turbo over nitrous. What kind of kits doI need to be looking at? Google brings up all kinds of options. I am a buy it once and buy right mind frame type person, I dont mind spending extra cash for quality. I am not looking for the cheapest kit and do not like Ebay stuff.
    Any advice?
  2. raymond8698

raymond8698 Well-Known Member

Check out Hellion turbo sytems
  3. sanchezj360

sanchezj360 Well-Known Member

Being 351w hellion isn't gonna have anything for you.

I would check out on3 performance or b&g. Also cgfab here in San Antonio sells a kit I think. You can also have Ron bell build you one. There's a few kits out there.
    saltbranch likes this.