1. Welcome to LoneStarStangs, the #1 forum for Ford Mustang enthusiasts in Texas.
    If you haven't joined yet we invite you to sign up and join our community.
    Registration is free! Hope to see you on our forums!

For Sale: TMA turbo kit for 99-04 3.8L(NEW)

Discussion in 'Parts FOR SALE/WANTED' started by Musclestang721, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Musclestang721

Musclestang721 MODIFIED

TMA turbo kit for 3.8L V6 Mustang for sale. $2350

Never installed. I purchased this kit a few years ago and never got around to installing and I find myself needing the cash more than the parts. I'd like to see these parts go to good use instead of sitting in the boxes on my shelf.
    This kit comes with most of what you would need to bolt on a turbo to a 99-04 3.8L mustang in your garage. If I remember correctly this was one of the earlier kits but is closest to the street/strip kit that came to be. I'm not sure what would be involved in doing so, but I assume that this kit can be adapted to fit 94-98 v6's and some other applications as well with modification. However it was designed to be a complete bolt on kit for 99-04 V6 Mustang.
    Kit includes hot side piping including header to downpipe, intercooler, intake piping, pipe connectors, coolant relocation bottle, braided lines, misc fittings and adapters, wastegate, blow off valve and the Garrett turbo. Like most custom applications some misc hardware and fittings will probably be needed along the way. It's been awhile, but I believe the only major items needed to complete the install was a MAF sensor, a tuner/custom tune, exhaust retrofit to mate with the downpipe and possibly fuel system upgrades to support your expected power output.

Local pick up/meet with cash in Austin area/surrounding areas. Could possibly meet in Austin, SA, Houston or Dallas or in between. Not really considering shipment at this point due to weight and size of piping/turbo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Musclestang721

Musclestang721 MODIFIED

Price reduced. Will consider offers.
  3. Musclestang721

Musclestang721 MODIFIED

Price reduced. - $2350
  4. Dmitry

Dmitry New Member

Couple of questions:

Why not ship it ? I have shipped a full turbo kit for about $ 150, it was a few years back but I don't think it will be much more now
    Do you have pictures of the actual piping?
  5. Musclestang721

Musclestang721 MODIFIED

I'm not totally against shipping, but primarily it's just a large hassle with risk of getting screwed at some point.
    Plus:
    You can drive between most of the major Texas cities and back while paying yourself a reasonable hourly rate for the drive for less than the cost of shipping something this heavy, even if it's as low as $150.

There is not an efficient or safe way to transfer money without fees at amounts this large. Buyers usually don't want to pay the fees associated with legit transfer means like Paypal and I don't like paying fees to get my money out. Cash transactions do not have fees.

Where are you located? Maybe we can work something out.

Additional pictures are below DSC05301-SM.jpg DSC05305-SM.jpg
  6. James232

James232 New Member

hey man is this still for sale?
  7. Musclestang721

Musclestang721 MODIFIED

Yup. Still have it sitting around.
  8. James232

James232 New Member

i am interested in purchasing but i live in canada, is there any way we can work something out, i dont mind covering shipping fees
  9. James232

James232 New Member

and how big is the turbo?
  10. Musclestang721

Musclestang721 MODIFIED

Sorry for the delay. Work and kids have been consuming my time lately. Let me look into what is required for international shipping. I was just starting to look at re-boxing so I can get dims and weights for shipping quotes for listing on Ebay since there doesn't seem to be any local interest.

It's a Garrett A/R .72. This particular kit is a TMA kit and was designed for the 3.8. It's been awhile, but I thought I remember being told it would spool somewhere in the 2-2500 rpm range. I planned to run 3.55 gears and was targeting 300 hp and 400 ft lbs with my planned setup and a custom tune. I'm sure it is capable of more.

0810092033-02.jpg
  11. James232

James232 New Member

No problem, i appreciate you going through the trouble of finding out how to get it up here. If you need any help let me know, she looks like a beauty i cant wait until this things under my hood!!
  12. Tylermartin

Tylermartin New Member

Is this still available?